UX Writing Case Study
High-fidelity wireframe homepage design for ecommerce fashion website.
|UX Writing and Design|
My client, YoogisCloset.com was in the beginning stages of gathering data for a homepage redesign when they approached me for feedback on their commissioned UX review and preliminary UX design.
The objectives of a new homepage design from the client:
- Widen the page while retaining fully Responsive Design
- Do away with dated gradients of the current design. Replace with a simple design that highlights photography and merchandising opportunities
- Top headline text will be editable in admin and rotate messages
- Homepage should focus on our value proposition messaging and tell our clients a story – hero shot, why should you buy from us, why you should sell to us, curated products for more custom merchandising opportunity.
- The homepage needs to include Social Proof. We want to rotate customer pics/testimonials with press clips. Also, include the latest Instagram posts.
- Visually appealing design to use custom photography of our products
My client approached me with a rough wireframe of a new design and they wanted to see my take on the homepage. My goal was to go for a clean, modern look with a lot of room to merchandise the page for additional sales opportunities. Many design features I presented could be made updated in Magento CMS without the use of a developer or designer, so the page can be updated more often. My design is below.
Some things to note about this design:
- I used the Google Font Open Sans, which loads quickly and looks more modern
- The products in the “Why shop with Yoogi’s” section can be changed out regularly
- I included a section for client testimonials for even more social proof
- The merchandising blocks in the bottom section allow for more merchandising opportunities to appeal to more of our shoppers.
Homepage redesign for YoogisCloset.com